SMO or social media optimisation is the process that increases awareness about a product or service, brand or organisation through a number of social media platforms and communities to create viral publicity. In this age, when trending in social media has become one of the best ways of attracting people and gaining visibility, it is crucial to make the most of this particular process for the benefit of your business.
Our take on the subject
At DigieGeeks, a web design and development company, we have been providing social media optimization services for a long time. Hence, we have gained both the experience and expertise on the subject. Additionally, we have a team of experts who have compiled this list pointing out and explaining the ways of making the most of the social media.
The points you need remember are:
- Integrating social media into website: If your business has a website or is about to get a website, then it is crucial to integrate social sharing tools in the said site. Including direct web links between your social media accounts and the website and adding social media sharing buttons are required too. They will help your business to rank better, because the created links will be considered higher quality links due to the higher web authority of social sites.
- Being consistence is vital: One of the most important points in social media optimisation is consistency which means regular sharing and presence in social media. It will create a professionally cohesive experience.
- Taking advantage of messaging: Most of the social media platforms now have direct messaging options which used strategically can become one of the best ways of having a better relationship with the customers. Active interaction is always better than just posting and sharing. It will help your social media optimization efforts better.
- Experimenting with new social media features: Every social media platform is introducing newer, more convenient and interesting features at regular intervals. These features are designed to help the social media marketing process considerably. Hence, for better results, you should be experimenting with these new features.
- Aligning SEO keywords with social media: For better SMO results, you need to concentrate on the optimization part where keywords have a huge role to play. So, using keywords in your posts and structuring keywords and phrases in a natural way on the social media profiles will be the winning combination. Using paid content will prove to be beneficial too.
- Being active regularly matters: To make the most of social media, you need to be active on a regular basis and this depends on the frequency with which posts are being made.
According to the present trend and statistics, more than 81% of businesses are investing in and using social media for marketing purposes. Therefore, you need to be prepared and informed enough to make the most of social media optimization.